D.A.V. Public School, Sri Muktsar Sahib is designed to provide learning spaces and learning environments for the teaching of students under the direction of teachers. Our school intends to become a beacon for school education, signaling how to facilitate flourishing in a secondary and senior secondary setting and guiding our students away from dangers to their development. Our Junior school is focused on a discourse of personal development. Skills are practiced systematically in structured programs. In the senior school, the discourse is around academic achievement. DAV provides equal opportunity for gifted students to achieve excellence in academic, cultural, sporting, civic, leadership, in an inclusive environment that sports learning, teaching and friendship. The school lays the special stress on co curricular activities, games and sports. Deans have been recruited for greater upliftment of school newly designed science and English labs have been installed to initiate the practical skills and to enhance the scientific temper. Well furnished library has been put up to arouse the reading skills formation of clubs is the initiative that has been appreciated by all. To enhance the practical skills, solar has been framed in the front lawn. As student grow more autonomous their pursuit of excellence involves the self – organization, self – regulation and ongoing adaptation of a complex system comprising the learners and their chosen course, their teachers, their peers and the environment. The process of development becomes more interactive. The accountability shifts more towards the learners. Intensity and continuity of effort is important in talent development for students to maximize their potential at school. After six years, competencies are developed in socially – useful fields: academic, technical, science and technology, the arts, social service, administration, business operations, sports or game technology. Students are empowered by the process of schooling at DAV to become engaged, responsible, productive adults. They become adult individuals.
Our vision at DAV Public School is to empower students to acquire, demonstrate, articulate and value knowledge and skills that will support them, as life-long learners, to participate in and contribute to the global world and practice the core values of the school: respect, tolerance & inclusion, and excellence.
Is to enable all learners’ access to learning through the provision of :-
- Differentiated, in – depth and cohesive learning programs aligned to year level content and achievement standards informed by the Cbse curriculum.
- Highly effective teachers, focused on improving student outcome, through their commitment to ongoing professional development, quality teaching, and evidence based practices, coaching and mentoring and collaboration.
- A quality inclusive learning environment that ids responsive to Students voice.
- Enriching engaging resources.
- Opportunity for community and parents to participate in learning and decision making partnerships.
Our vision aligns with shifts in the global economy, society and environment, which animates our mission and our values:
- Creativity, innovation, and a desire to challenge the school quo will affect what and how we teach and the intellectual ambitions of the school itself.
We are and will be a university where design and social research drive approaches to studying issues of our time,
such as democracy, urbanization, technological change, economic empowerment, sustainability, migration, and globalization. We will be the preeminent intellectual and creative center
for effective engagement in a world that increasingly demands better-designed objects, communication, systems, and organizations to meet social needs.
Is to enable all learners’ access to learning through the provision of:-
- Differentiated, in-depth and cohesive learning programs aligned to year level content and achievement standards informed by the Australian curriculum
- Highly effective teachers, focused on improving student outcomes, through their commitment to ongoing professional development, quality teaching, evidence based practices, coaching and mentoring and collaboration
- A quality inclusive learning environment that is responsive to student voice
- Enriching, engaging resources
- Opportunities for community and parents to participate in learning and decision making partnerships.
Our vision aligns with shifts in the global economy, society, and environment, which animates our mission and our values:
- Creativity, innovation, and a desire to challenge the status quo will affect what and how we teach and the intellectual ambitions of the university itself.
- Social engagement should orient students’ academic experiences to help them become critically engaged citizens, dedicated to solving problems and contributing to the public good.
- The DAV embrace these principles and innovate to address shifts in the global economy, society, and environment that require individuals to grapple with complex problems, pursue more fluid and flexible career pathways, and collaboratively create change.